Havana Half Day City Tour
Half Day Essence of Havana City Tour
Duration: 0900 – 1200 3 hours
Frequency: Tours can be arranged daily including Sundays*
*Sunday tours incur a supplement and a change of itinerary.
Tour commences at the Parque Central Hotel.
Taking in the essential sights of Old Havana, our half day city tour captures the colonial spirit of Cuba’s remarkable capital city. Dating back to the 16th century, Old Havana is steeped in history and flanked by old colonial buildings. Our walking tour takes you to the impressive Museum of the Revolution housed in the former Presidential Palace, where you can learn more about Cuba’s revolutionary history leading up the present day.
Continuing past the impressive Capitolio building and through the fascinating narrow cobblestone streets in the heart of the old city, we will make many stops to admire the sights. We will continue with a visit to Conde de villanueva which includes: an explanation and demonstration of rolling a cigar by a specialist, how to select a good cigar and how to light it, tasting a Cuban coffee and Cuban Rum. Clients can choose one cigar of Guantanamera Cristal or Romeo & Juliet no. 2.
The tour will conclude with visits to the historic squares Plaza de Armas and Plaza de la Catedral, both of which preserve a charming colonial ambiance and some of the finest architecture in Cuba.
ESSENCE OF HAVANA CITY TOURS
Excursion Costs and Inclusions 01st November 2016 – October 2017
Mon - Sat
Half Day cost = £54.00 per person
Private tour cost = £66.00 per person. Min 2 pax
Private tour cost = £76.00 per person
No child discounts available
Please note the tours will operate with a minimum of 2 clients and a maximum of 14 clients.
Sunday tours can be arranged at a supplement, however due to the Sunday closure of the Conde de Villanueva, the tour will visit the tobacco shop at the Hotel Tryp Habana Libre.
Half Day Walking Tour Inclusions
- Services of an experienced English speaking local guide
- Visit to Conde De Villanueva
- Entrance to the Museum of the Revolution
- The tour commences from outside the Parque Central Hotel at 09.00hrs. Clients need to meet the guide at 08.45hrs.
- All Old Havana hotels are a short walk from the Parque Central hotel.
- Clients staying in other areas of Havana can very easily take a taxi from their hotel to the Parque Central for between 5 and 10 CUC
- The half day tour finishes at El Patio restaurant (lunch not included) where the clients who have booked just the half day tour can either continue independent sightseeing from here, or take a taxi back to their hotel.
- All tours are guaranteed to operate and will not be cancelled due to small numbers. In fact, our tours only operate with small numbers to ensure excellent quality (max 14)
- All the tours are guided only in English thus maintaining the very best service for the clients. Our guides do not need to translate everything into 3 or more languages
- Our tour guides are excellent, knowledgeable and highly experienced
- Our tours visit the famous landmarks and include entrances to famous cigar factories and museums.
We reserve the right to change the order of the tour at anytime due to local circumstances.
Please note - the tour will not run on 25th December as this date is a national holiday.